This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin service menus

I know there was another thread on this topic and I tried all the suggestions except installing the tar files. I have tried the GHSN service in Dolphin. It shows a few service menus that I tried as installed, but they are not. I tried uninstall and it doesn't work. They stay listed as installed.

I checked and ruby was not installed so I did the ruby-full install. No help. I even did a restart of the system after ruby went in.

The extra service menus for conversion, e-mail attachment, and root services are some of the handiest features of Dolphin. Can this be fixed by any means?
    An old mainframer trying to get modern in his retirement.

Re: Dolphin service menus

GHSN service? Please clarify. What is it, and where did you get it?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Maybe I got the initials wrong, if so, sorry about that. Dolphin->Settings->Configure Dolphin->Services->Download New Services. I went down the given list (under newest) and installed 3 or 4 including root services and attach to an e-mail. They switched to an installed message, but nothing appeared on the right click menu of Dolphin. I went back to try and uninstall and it won't do it. It offers install again, but it doesn't uninstall and it shows it as installed again. If I take the install again action it asks if I want to overwrite, I press yes and get an installation failed message.

As mentioned above, I did install ruby-full. No help.
      An old mainframer trying to get modern in his retirement.

Comment

This should help

https://launchpad.net/~samrog131/+archive/ppa

Most all of the service menus are in Sam Rog's repositories, at least for now.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X