This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logout fails to complete (improved)

...and there was much rejoicing in the kingdom...!

PaulW2U; thank you so much for providing the solution to my frustrating problem. You'd think that this is something that could be fixed in a patch. In any event, now that I have a solution I'll bookmark this page so that if I need to fix something by reinstalling, I can fix this as well. ;-)

Comment

rfakhrai;

Thanks also for your reply and sticking with me through this. As I am a newbie I am unfamiliar with the process for reporting a bug. Could you please direct me? It looks like we have a solution. It would be great if we could get it to be part of the standard install than to have to patch it each time as PaulW2U has noted.

Comment

I'm very happy that somebody on the forum had an answer for you, Myklawk. In the future, this website will guide you through the process of reporting bugs.

Perhaps, in this case, PaulW2U will come back to this thread and let us know where he found the solution to the problem. Then, if it's not reported, it may be worth reporting so the developers can get this rolling in future updates and releases.

Cheers!
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by Myklawk
          ...and there was much rejoicing in the kingdom...!

PaulW2U; thank you so much for providing the solution to my frustrating problem. You'd think that this is something that could be fixed in a patch. In any event, now that I have a solution I'll bookmark this page so that if I need to fix something by reinstalling, I can fix this as well. ;-)
          I'm just glad that I saw your post and recognised the symptoms as being what I see here too.

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
            Perhaps, in this case, PaulW2U will come back to this thread and let us know where he found the solution to the problem. Then, if it's not reported, it may be worth reporting so the developers can get this rolling in future updates and releases.
            I have no idea where I actually found this fix. As I said before I spent a lot of time searching the web for an answer. I just put terminateserver and kdmrc into a Google search and it's thrown up several references to this problem.

One of them, http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111707.0 is on this very forum and is over a year old. So it's a known problem but presumably only affects a small number of users.

Comment

Well then we'll just keep an eye out for anyone else that has this problem and be sure to point them in the right direction
              Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
              Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
              Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
              X