This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microphone levels in Natty

After upgrading using System Upgrade, I couldn't get my microphone to work right, the mike volume was really low on Skype, after fiddling around the only way I found to solve it was to install pavucontrol and select the mike from there...is this a glitch in the migration to GStreamer as backend?

No microphone at all in Skype

After the Natty upgrade, my microphone does not work on the test call in Skype. Yet Audacity indicates that the microphone signal is being picked up. I'm running Pulseaudio. and the sound settings of Skype are all set for Pulseaudio. I've looked at pavucontrol's settings and can find nothing wrong with them.

One anomaly: I have a built-in microphone on my laptop but no external microphone plugged in. In both alsamixer and pavucontrol I can choose between the internal microphone and the front microphone. I don't know which is which (is the built-in one internal or front?), but in any event, changing the setting from internal to front does not change the Audacity reaction to spoken sound.

Comment

Working...
    X