X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Networking issues.

Well, there is nothing for me to do!

Snowhog pulled out his FOURTH PIPE and the issue is settled! 8)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Sorry I am so late getting back to this party, but, I am still having issues. My wireless is still a no-go. I am completely flummoxed as to what it may be.

I am open to suggestions.

TBD

Comment

UPDATE!!!

Situation resolved. I went back to the beginning of this thread and slowly worked my way thru every step making sure that all console inputs were correct. I also restarted after every step to makes sure that everything was installed/uninstalled completely.

In the end the wireless works beautifully, with nice transfer rate as a bonus. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is that I have to hit Fn+F2 to initiate wireless, a very minor inconvenience.

Many thanks to you Snowhog for holdong my hand thru this. GreyGeek, wizard, thanks for dropping in to offer help.

Also, I enjoyed getting to know some of the commands that operate Kubuntu. I am beginning to enjoy my experience with it. I thought at one point of walking away, but being able to beat it seamed to be the whole reason for starting my Linux experience. Now that i have overcome one situation, I am somewhat anxious to see what my next learning experience will be.

Anyway, thanks for the help folks, it is much appreciated.
        TBD

Comment

Of course, were glad that you resolved this issue. And of course, we are curious as to what you actually did that got your wireless working. Did you utilize the instructions from the Ubuntuforums post I linked for you?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Of course, were glad that you resolved this issue. And of course, we are curious as to what you actually did that got your wireless working. Did you utilize the instructions from the Ubuntuforums post I linked for you?
            yes, I did use those instructions, along with having to manually disable the STA driver.

Works great, now installing an Chrome browser for some familiarity...lol

Comment

These are experiences that give us warm fuzzies!
              Good job!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Excellent. Glad to hear you got it running
                we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                -- anais nin

Comment

24 hours later everything is fantastic. Wireless is working perfectly, and I am learning more about an operating system that was virtually unknown to me 4 days ago.

Now I am beginning to play with the idea of putting more programs in, like a graphic arts prog such as Illustrator. I am a Graphic artist by trade, and would love to see this OS operate under that kind of load.

"Cheers mates, you saved me arse."
                  TBD

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Networking issues.

As to graphics illustration programs, you should look at Gimp and Inkscape, both of which are in the repositories for installation.
                    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Networking issues.

In addition to Snowhog's suggestion there is also Blender in the repository. Another vector graphics application is xaralx and xaralx-examples.

Comment

Working...
                      X