This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless won't connect wpa

I have not been able to connect wirelessly to anything. I have installed all updates and drivers, am able to see and select networks, but unable to connect to any. I am using knetworkmanager. I really dont' know of anything else to try at this point. If you need any more info let me know,

thanks

Re: wireless won't connect; broadcom 4306

I've never gotten Network Manager to work reliably (and the problem persists into Natty).

I installed Wicd-kde (which is now integrated into System Settings once it is installed) and removed Network Manager (3 modules, including nm-framework).

I've never had problems with Wicd.

Then I use Kvpnc if I need to make VPN connections.

Some day the Kubuntu MOTU will make Wicd the default. It's been 3 versions (at least) that this problem has persisted.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
    and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Thanks, I tried this and still am unable to connect to WPA/WPA2 networks (which is my home network). I am able to connect to unsecured networks though (my neighbors). any suggestions?

I guess I should add that it gets stuck obtaining an IP address

Comment

I think that I have it working... Time will tell.
        I found this post and following it fixed the WPA problems.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...3994#msg203994

Thanks for the help,

Comment

Re: wireless won't connect wpa

Well... Computer sits over night and reverts back to its old ways.

I am not able to connect to my WPA network anymore... No changes made. I closed the lid for the night an woke up and it would not connect. I rebooted, still would not connect, reinstalled wpasupplicant, and nothing. I am currently connected to an unseccure network with out any problems, but my WPA network will not issue and IP. It connects accepts my passphrase, but will not issue an IP. Let me know if there is any info that will help with diagnosing this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X