This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI 5770 dual issues

I have 2 5770 with bridge...the settings control panel, will not accept, or keep any settings that I try to add. such as rotation. I found a ati control panel, but when I go to the page to change the settings, I get a message that I need to start in as superuser, so I click the other icon, that says admin, I get a password window, I enter, it thinks, and disappears, but I get no control panel. if I leave the other one open, and do that, it doesn't allow any changes...I am plugged into one card with crossfire enabled, and all I can see is clone monitor, I tried to plug one monitor into other card, and I get nothing...this is basicly the setup I had in windows, with crossfire, and 2 monitors. one horz, and the second vert. I do a lot of photo, so monitor control is pretty important..........So, why can't I make any changes? am I doing something wrong? or is this a not supported kind of thing...thanks for any ideas....
    the faster I go, the behinder I get

Re: ATI 5770 dual issues

Hello Bobbyk,

I had similar issues like you and I finally found a workaround that works for me. I hope it also works for you.
    The workaround is to go to a terminal window, i.e. konsole, and start the AMD Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition as superuser from that terminal window using the following command:
    Code:
    sudo amdcccle
    I described the workaround in my blog at http://www.riedquat.de/blog/2011-08-14-01 and verified that the workaround works with the following gfx cards: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3850, AMD Radeon HD 6550D (Llano A8-3850), AMD Radeon HD 6310 (AMD Fusion E-350).

In the end I think we see more than just one bug there:
    • The adaption of the AMD driver package that contains the amdcccle tool to Kubuntu is broken. Because of that, the sudo version of the amdcccle does not work from the KDE menu.
    • The communication between KRandR, X.org and the AMD driver regarding settings is broken. I don't know which of the three, but at least one of them is broken, otherwise changing the settings with KRandR would work.

CU

Comment

Working...
    X