Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Palm Zire 72 sync support? Or alternatives?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Palm Zire 72 sync support? Or alternatives?

I have an old Palm Zire 72 handheld PDA. Up until the arrival of Lucid (I think it was that level), I was doing just fine by syncing it using kpilot, but kpilot isn't supported at all under Natty. Jpilot still works, but it's very limited (no search function, for instance) and its database is incompatible with korganizer, kontact, etc.

What to do?

My preferred alternative would be to get the Zire synchronization to work under Natty Kubuntu, but aside from jpilot I don't know of anything in Natty that would help. kpilot would be quite good enough if it still worked, but it doesn't.

The other possibility is to give up on the Zire altogether, but I don't know of any good alternative. The Apple devices as far as I know provide far more functionality than I need or want to pay for (I'm not looking for any kind of phone service or online connectivity, for instance). In addition, just as a matter of principle I try to avoid Apple because of their closed-source, proprietary model of the world. I just need a basic PDA, and I don't know of one without all the bells and whistles that I don't need. And of course I want something that can talk to kontact, korganizer, etc.

Any suggestions?

Working...
X