X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mplayer process for electric sheep does not terminate

Hi,
    I've managed to install electricsheep and make it running, but it seems that the mplayer process playing the sheep does not terminate after I exit the screensaver. Looking into electricsheep.desktop didn't give me any clues how to fix this. I found out that someone had similar problem, and resolved it by upgrading Qt, but i have the latest version from Kubuntu repositories.

Any idea how to fix it?

Re: mplayer process for electric sheep does not terminate

Hi OOlink

And welcome to the Kubuntu Forums.

That is one VERY cool app and I'm going to get one of the t-shirts for my youngest boy who is into that kind of stuff.

if they make a "jacket" I would get it for myself.

This probably provides absolutely no help at all but running Natty on an AMD 64 dual core with n Nvidia Geforce 6600 video card:

I did the sudo apt-get install electricsheep and it installed forthrightly.

I cannot find it under either "really slick screensavers" or the normal screensaver under settings/system settings/ monitor.

mplayer was already present, but I installed Kmplayer front end and Gnomeplayer front ends and do not see a setting which includes the name.

When I use the terminal and enter "electricsheep" it does run under a window labled mplayer so it may just be a setting which i do not understand.

When I use the terminal and enter "electricsheep-preferences" I get an interactive box and can "test the connection" and it says that it is "active".

I see that QT4 is installed.

It "seems to run fine" although I have not attempted to hook to the server or to try to make electric sheep.

This post probably doesn't help anymore than that it seems to run well under Natty but that I can confirm.

woodsmoke

Comment

Re: mplayer process for electric sheep does not terminate

The electric sheep forum says that when a computer "sleeps" that the electric sheep come on and talk to other computers with electric sheep.

Kubuntu Natty does not seem to have a "sleep" function per se, but if one shuts off the screensaver then there is a "go to black" .

I tried that to see if the electric sheep came on and it did not.

Again, possibly it is a settings thing.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X