Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Gwenview keyboard shortcuts do not work -- sometimes deletes file name

Since my last dist-upgrade, I'm now at

$ uname -a
    Linux jon-desktop 2.6.35-28-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 18:42:20 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Gwenview seems to ignore keyboard shortcuts, in particular, "space" for "go to next image" and "delete" for "go back one image". And sometimes, manipulating these keys in a way I have not precisely defined, leads to the renaming of a file to a blank name. Fortunately, altho the ls command does not at all see the file, Gwenview still does, so I can rename it.

Where are the keyboard shortcuts of yesteryear?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: HELP: Gwenview keyboard shortcut deletes file name

This has really become serious. I am a big user of keys in order to avoid wrist pain from too much mouse usage. I just cannot keep myself from trying to use the SPACE bar to advance a picture. But when I do, Gwenview RENAMES the photo to a blank file name.

BIG NUISANCE. Nobody else see this? What is wrong.

Btw, I am in KDE 4.6.2.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Re: HELP: Gwenview keyboard shortcuts do not work -- sometimes deletes file name

Why aren't you using the default keys for navigation? The arrow keys work just fine.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: HELP: Gwenview keyboard shortcuts do not work -- sometimes deletes file name

None of the 4 arrow keys, nor the page-up/down, have any effect for me.

In addition, there are no man pages for gwenview, And the key bindings given in the handbook give space and backspace, never mentioning arrow keys.

Comment

Working...
        X