This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin / drag and drop puzzlement

There may be an obvious answer to this, but I seem to be missing it. I have a folder X all of whose contents are other folders. There are a lot of them, so the list fills up the page with no blank space before or after. I have another folder I have dragged and want to drop into X. But it seems that wherever I go in the window showing the content of X, the folder I'm dropping lands not in X but in one of the folders within X (since any location on the X list is associated with one of those subsidiary folders). So how can I drop into X itself?

Re: Dolphin / drag and drop puzzlement

In Dolphin, change the view to "Icons", and then do Ctrl-Minus (the minus sign) and click it until the icons get so small there is free space.

Now, put on your glasses and you can drop that teeny, tiny folder icon into the white space.

Comment

Crtl-mouse wheel works also is you have one.

The key is to drop when there's no shadow around any possible target folder. When you're hovering near a folder, it should have a box around it to show it will be the target when you drop. No box - no target...

Please Read Me

Comment

It would be my suggestion to just go up one level in one pane so that the target folder is visible in the pane.
        Then just drag and drop your folder onto the target in the other pane.
        You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Comment

All good suggestions. I "suffer" from this quite frequently as well, and I go along with oshunluvr's advice - I still have my detailed list view with a number of columns (name - size - date - owner - permissions - what have you...).

I find that dropping it on the name column has the adverse effect you are stating, any other column, though, works as advertised.
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Or you can drop it on the name of the folder in the navigation bar.

Comment

Working...
            X