This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple, increasing number of krusader windows

Ever since I switched to 10.10, I have been getting at least one Krusader window at each boot. In fact, the number increases by one each time. I am up to 7 now. I have tried deleting Krusader's info in ~/.kde, but to no avail.

I have never mastered where Linux puts info for programs to start up automatically.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Multiple, increasing number of krusader windows

system settings->startup/shutdown-> session management-> start w/ empty session , that should fix your autostart, if not look in ~/.kde/Autostart for a link.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      system settings->startup/shutdown-> session management-> start w/ empty session , that should fix your autostart,
      I'll try that. After one boot, maybe I can go back to the old settings. (I like it to start some stuff for me.)

if not look in ~/.kde/Autostart for a link.
      There is nothing in there.

Thanks.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall
        After one boot, maybe I can go back to the old settings. (I like it to start some stuff for me.)
        you might have to clear some files from ~/.kde/share/config/session/ in order to clear those for good. i was just looking around and this seams to be where the session items to be started are "stored".

if sessions prove to be your issue. you could put krusader on that exclude from session list (system_settings->startup/shutdown->session_mangement). the only other think i could think to try is to attempt to create a manual session containing the items you want.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Does krusader leave any processes running when you exit krusader that could cause krusader instances to be saved with your session?

When you exit krusader, press ctrl+esc to view running processes and see if there are krusader processes left running.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48

you might have to clear some files from ~/.kde/share/config/session/ in order to clear those for good. i was just looking around and this seams to be where the session items to be started are "stored".
            Wow, I just looked in there and was it full of crap! Including multiple entries for krusader. I just rm'd all of them. That should help a lot.

And, yes, there is a krusader process left running after I quit krusader. Why would that be?

Comment

Working...
            X