X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rekonq interaction with video

HI --
    I'm seeing an odd problem and wonder if anyone else has seen it.
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1012 Netbook that originally came with Ubuntu Moblin installed. I ran Kubuntu Netbook Edition 10.4 on it for several months, then upgraded to 10.10.

Rekong interacts badly with the video system. The problems are intermittent. I am sure they are rekonq related because if I use Konqueror as my browser the problems don't occur. It does not seem to happen if some other application was the active window when the screensaver triggered.

The most frequent symptom is that if the screen is locked with a screen saver and I type in my password, the screen goes blank (light gray) and the keyboard seems to be unresponsive. The mouse pointer moves. The only way I have found to get past this is to power cycle the netbook.

I have had the same symptoms a couple of times after initial login if I shut down with rekonq active.

I just had the motherboard of the netbook replaced because the video was failing. When I powered it up I tried running rekonq instead of Konqueror. The third time it returned from the screen saver, the blank screen problem happened.

The screensaver is currently set to OpenGL Euphoria, but I have tried other settings without clearing up the behavior.

Re: Rekonq interaction with video

Hi

Not the perfect solution, but maybe you could install Google Chrome (also webkit-based) and remove rekonq? (it is also not working very well here)

HTH!

Comment

Working...
    X