This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Konsole widgets?

I'd love a Konsole widget that can live on my task bar that can give me quick and easy access to a full Konsole session without having to open up a new window -- basically pop it up, do some stuff, then close it until I need it again. Does anybody know of anything like this, or perhaps know why one hasn't been made (possibly technical reasons)?

Re: Any Konsole widgets?

You might want to try Yakuake. It is a drop down konsole. It stays hidden until you press a key of your choice. It is already installable with the package manager. http://extragear.kde.org/apps/yakuake/
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Such a widget already exists and is available from the ones installed by default - Konsole Profiles.

You could also just add the Quick Launcher widget and add Konsole to it.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by 67GTA
        You might want to try Yakuake. It is a drop down konsole. It stays hidden until you press a key of your choice. It is already installable with the package manager. http://extragear.kde.org/apps/yakuake/
        Hey, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

----------

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Such a widget already exists and is available from the ones installed by default - Konsole Profiles.

You could also just add the Quick Launcher widget and add Konsole to it.
        I'm aware of those solutions, but I didn't want to have to open a new window.

Comment

every machine i touch get Yakuake installed on it . its a great program for people who need often and quick cli access.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I agree. It's a great little utility that basically makes a separate Konsole window obsolete.

Comment

+1 on that Yakuake ........I usually install that as well......I like to leave "top" running on it and if things start getting funny drop it down and see what the culprit is

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

was not aware of yakuake. I like! Thanks.
                FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
                  +1 on that Yakuake ........I usually install that as well......I like to leave "top" running on it and if things start getting funny drop it down and see what the culprit is
                  You can also press CTRL+ESC to bring up KDE's own System Activity panel which is basically the same thing but with a nice GUI.

Comment

Working...
                  X