X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flash plug in

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    After I edited the preferences for FlashVideoReplacer the annoying popup went away. All I did was open the preference dialog and then close it.
    See... was all about settings I actualy did that be4 opening any video :P lucky me

But let's face it. Even if this a cute workarround, it is not a problem solver. Flash is a issue in linux. Until further support from adobe, I suppose we can use this, or any other that works.

Best wishes!
    Does one ever truly has a choice... ?

Comment

My own experience is that flash from the repository has never given me problems in any version of Kubuntu I've run. It's always worked. It was only last week when a site I visited said my flash was outdated and to get the "square" version that I downloaded and installed that version. The site that needed it, and every other site since then, works as it should.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Me, on the other hand, I only remember flash acting ok on a mint 9 isadora for a while. An update screw that up and because I was new to linux (was my second distro I tried, after ubuntu) I took it as it came.

Even so, until then, flash never worked well on linux. Main issue I had was the freeze I got by pressing the full screen button.
        In other words, I go to youtube, I open a video, video starts ok, i press full screen, video goes full screen, sound is ok, but image gets freezed. I have to try many times for the video to be ok in full screen --> witch is frustrating.

FlashVideoReplacer solved all that, plus now I get my videos in HD by default.
        Does one ever truly has a choice... ?

Comment

After playing with FF-4.0 for a while, and realizing that it was just as stable as 3.x but a lot faster, and it played YouTube videos just fine, I decided to remove FF3. The next time I used FF4 to watch a YouTube video XINE came up, cached the stream, but did not play it!

I disabled the XINE plugin and retried the YouTube page. A black screen appeared. When I clicked on it a msg momentarily appeared saying "waiting on video...". I checked a vimo site and its videos played fine.

I ran Synaptic and noticed that there were two versions of flash-installer listed, the one I had and a 64b version. I removed the one I had and installed the 64b version. That fixed the YouTube video problem.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X