This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash plug in

Not listed in firefox 3.6.13 plug in, although the flash plugin installer is listed as installed on kpackagekit. Swf not being shown on webpages and I get a warning to install flash plug in. Should I go back to the transitional flash plug in ? I tried re-installing flash plugin installer, it didnt help.
    Custom amd x4 o/c 3800<br />8gb ram, radeon 5850<br />kde 4.7&nbsp; kernel 3 <br />Virtualbox winxp<br /><br />Dell precision m6300<br />4gb ram Quadro m1600<br />intell 2core 2k<br />kde4.7 kernel 3.0

Re: flash plug in

I removed flash installer (new one) and went back to he kubuntu restricted extras ( which includes the flash plug in) and still don't get a flash plugin in aboutlugins. Dont know if the updates hozed it or what .. anyone else having probs with 64 bit system and firefox flash?
    Custom amd x4 o/c 3800<br />8gb ram, radeon 5850<br />kde 4.7&nbsp; kernel 3 <br />Virtualbox winxp<br /><br />Dell precision m6300<br />4gb ram Quadro m1600<br />intell 2core 2k<br />kde4.7 kernel 3.0

Comment

Yeah, Flash on my 64-bit system seemed to be working fine yesterday, but it's broken now...
      Kubuntu #19517 (but of course I am not a number, I am a free man!)

Comment

Same here....

Comment

Updated Shockwave Flash Plugin 10.2.r152 crashes all the time here on a 32 bit system with Chromium 9. Doesn't seem to matter if it's from the adobe-flashplugin or flashplugin-installer package.

Comment

I downloaded the deb package of Google Chrome from the Google site and used the included libgcflashplayer.so (Shockwave Flash 10.2 r154). It works in Chromium, at any rate... I haven't installed any other browsers.

Comment

I got flash working again by using kpackagekit to remove flash plugin installer and installing the flash plugin (transitional package) ? Tried that before and didnt work. Worked today though. Fyi removed the openjdk/iced tea stuff and kpackagekit automatically installed sun-java jre. Did have to go back and install the java plugin and fonts though.

Comment

That worked for me.

Comment

for fire fox i found this

http://www.webgapps.org/addons/flash-aid

if you search flash-aid for firefox it will help im going to take the deb chrome install and see if that fixes the intermittent stuff
                  of crashes
                  well the deb install didn't work . my radio station plays ok in chrome but when i try high end content like espn it has issues,

tried everything Firefox is fixed chrome still broken

Comment

Originally posted by StarWolf
                    for fire fox i found this

http://www.webgapps.org/addons/flash-aid

if you search flash-aid for firefox it will help im going to take the deb chrome install and see if that fixes the intermittent stuff
                    of crashes
                    well the deb install didn't work . my radio station plays ok in chrome but when i try high end content like espn it has issues,

tried everything Firefox is fixed chrome still broken
                    I stand corrected when i did the deb install i dint notice the icon is a different color - i used the more colorful icon it was like a brand new install works great :-)

Comment

Originally posted by cdupree
                      Yeah, Flash on my 64-bit system seemed to be working fine yesterday, but it's broken now...
                      Looks like I am in the same boat that everyone else is. I tried the instructions before, uninstalling and then reinstalling the transitional package. Wasn't able to get it running again.

Also, just updated Chrome, which I thought was supposed to handle Flash on its own, and it still isn't working.

Comment

What finally fixed it for me was uninstalling all flash-related stuff, then installing the standard non-free package, then gnash. Now everything seems to be fine...
                        Kubuntu #19517 (but of course I am not a number, I am a free man!)

Comment

Originally posted by cdupree
                          What finally fixed it for me was uninstalling all flash-related stuff, then installing the standard non-free package, then gnash. Now everything seems to be fine...
                          This didn't work for me.

However, for youtube use, I just opted in for the HTML5 trial.

Comment

I read through some ubuntu forums, and like above, they recommended flash aid for firefox.

Flash aid seemed to fix both firefox and chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by losingle
                              I got flash working again by using kpackagekit to remove flash plugin installer and installing the flash plugin (transitional package) ? Tried that before and didnt work. Worked today though. Fyi removed the openjdk/iced tea stuff and kpackagekit automatically installed sun-java jre. Did have to go back and install the java plugin and fonts though.
                              I had the same problem on my 64-bit Maverick box on Friday. Ended up re-installing the OS. Flash has been working since then, but I should probably have tried something like you did first..
                              Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
                              Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Working...
                              X