This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror auto-opening multiple instances

Very irritating behavior out of Konqueror! When I use Dolphin and select a folder that contains saved .html pages (at least I think that's the cause...) Konqueror opens multiple times. All are error messages, such as "unable to open www.error@comcast.net" but some have the filename of the saved .html page in them.

I have usually been successful at simply closing (right-corner X) the Konquerors, but tonight as long as Dolphin was open with panes including saved .html pages I couldn't get rid of (at one point 7) the Konquerors. They were blacking out my screen. Finally had to close Dolphin, then was able to close each of the Konquerors.

How do I stop this automatic opening of Konqueror? I didn't see anything obvious in the Konqueror preferences.
    -- Werdigo49
    Registered Linux User #291592
    Kubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

Re: Konqueror auto-opening multiple instances

What's your KDE and Konqueror version?

This may be a bug that you should report to the developers.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
      What's your KDE and Konqueror version?

This may be a bug that you should report to the developers.
      KDE is 4.5.1 and Konqueror shows the same: 4.5.1.

I think I've finally deleted all of those saved web pages from my backup directories, so the problem is temporarily under control. But something is clearly amiss!
      -- Werdigo49
      Registered Linux User #291592
      Kubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

Comment

If it is reproducible, file a bug report.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
        X