Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 10.10 - Konqueror doesn't load pop-up window content anymore.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 10.10 - Konqueror doesn't load pop-up window content anymore.

I installed Kubuntu 10.10 yesterday on a desktop machine. I immediately installed Konqueror to use as the browser and file manager. Pop-up windows were working. e.g. The image previews at kde-look.org loaded, my Internet banking site, and an Intranet site all use pop-ups and they all worked. A KDE notification asked if I wanted to install extra packages to enhance Konqueror (I can't recall the exact message text, sorry). After the packages installed I restarted Konqueror as suggested, but now pop-ups don't work. The pop-up window itself still appears, but no content loads at all - just an empty window. No 'pop-up window blocked' notification or anything like that.

This morning I installed on a laptop, installed Konqueror, pop-ups work. Installed the suggested packages for Konqueror and now pop-ups don't work. I should have been paying attention to what was being installed so I could remove it and test... unfortunately I wasn't.

Screen shot of the javascript settings for Konqeror, which are still at the default settings:
    [img width=400 height=270]http://users.tpg.com.au/drtwox//konq_javascript.png[/img]

I have tried the three sites mentioned above in Firefox and Rekonq, and pop-ups work for them. What's the problem with Konqueror?

Re: Kubuntu 10.10 - Konqueror doesn't load pop-up window content anymore.

Look at the Adblock Filters settings.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 10.10 - Konqueror doesn't load pop-up window content anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion. I unchecked 'Enable filters' in the AdBlock settings and restarted Konqueror - made no difference to the pop-ups not loading.

Comment

Working...
      X