This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] ksnapshot Compiz Hotkey

to put it simply, it stopped working. The only think that I changed was installing compiz and emerald. I don't understand why this affected the hotkey for ksnapshot. I believe there is a way to reassign the key? I went into 'input devices' and looked around, but I couldn't find anywhere to assign anything. ANy help guys? thanks again.

Re: Ksnapshot hotkey

if your runing compiz I think it reasins it ....to what I'm not shure.

if you install fusion-icon you can esaley switch back and forth betwen kwin and compiz.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Compiz reassign's the ksnapshot key? If so, that would explain why it doesn't work anymore. Guess I can always just press keys until something happens. The old school way 8)

Comment

install the package compizconfig-settings-manager then use it to configure compiz's settings. i forget the exact spot but you can set commands to buttons. and there may even be a decated spot for snapshot program (its prolly looking for the gnome program by deafault).
        its a long time since i used compiz
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

You're right about a few things, Compiz does give a list of keys to assign however none of them are for a snapshot program. Thanks for useful info anyway.

Comment

just loaded compiz and emerald so I could try to help a little better.............when I press the print screen button on the keyboard I do get a screen shot..........but with what looks to be the Gnome ver. of it...from Gnome-utils ...witch I do have installed

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
              just loaded compiz and emerald so I could try to help a little better.............when I press the print screen button on the keyboard I do get a screen shot..........but with what looks to be the Gnome ver. of it...from Gnome-utils ...witch I do have installed

VINNY
              What program does gnome use for taking snapshots? Can I use ksnapshot?

Comment

like I sead the gnome screen print program is in Gnome-utils .......but that will likley pull in a bunch of other Gnome stuff as well.

wile I was playing with compiz I didn't see a way to tel it what to use for a screen shot BUT I confess once I started looking around for it I got side tracked and started making the cube a ball and windows burn in and out and what not......

I did see in the seatings manager a screenshot option that was not checked mabey look at that .....I dont realey want to activat it agin as it changes a few things (like resets the window pager to 1 line insed of 2 ) and I like the way kwin is doing now and dont want to mes it up

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

using ccsm you can also set commands keyboard short cuts, just set the command "ksnapshot" to the key you desire

Comment

In ccsm I went to General>Commands>Key Bindings, from here I don't really know what to do. I enable the print key, but after I press it nothing happens. I've searched for this on the internet, but it's sloppy and don't really know what people are doing to fix this.

Comment

ok i have just installed ccsm. on another machine, and i can help you with your problem.

open ccsm..
                      under the "extras" secton
                      click on the "screenshot" entry
                      set the hotkey you want.
                      enter for "Launch Application" ksnapshot
                      hit back and enable the plugin.

also the place i was talking about is commands under the "general" section. its a little confusing but it was helpful cause i like dolphin to open w/ a key combo
                      to use it ...
                      the first tab "commands"
                      set the commands you want to launch you can have up to 12. in my example i set command 0 to "dolphin" (no quotes)
                      then you would use the other tabs to set the actions that trigger the commands listed in the commands tab. in my example i would click on the "keybindings" tab and set a combo for command 0 . if you want a mouse button you can use "button bindings" or if you want a screen corner you can use "edge bindings"

hope that helps you understand the commands plugin better.

Comment

Thanks Sithlord!!!!! You never gave up on me! Also, the way I fixed the issue for me was to 'check' the 'screenshot' in Extras. I didn't do any manual editing. I'm now trying to set up a hotkey for dolphin with a key on my mouse. Thanks a lot!

Comment

your most welcome.
                          now that this is solved you might want to change the subject of your first post to something like "[SOLVED] Compiz Hotkeys for ksnapshot" or something like that . just do people w/ a similar problem might find it w/ the search function a bit easier. and also so people know this is solved.

Comment

OH Thats right!! forgot :-X Will do

Comment

Working...
                            X