This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop background turns black

I've set up an image as a desktop background -- but sometimes (unpredictably) it comes up all black. The information isn't lost, since if I click on the cashew and go to Folder View settings, the image shows up on the preview screen there. If I then accept it, the image comes back. But why is it disappearing in the first place, and what can I do about it?

Re: Desktop background turns black (SOLVED)

i found the explanation: the images are stored on a network storage device, and if the network isn't up when I look at that background, I get the black screen. The obvious fix is to store all such images locally, even if that means making an extra copy.

But I wonder: is there a way to add my own images to the wallpaper list (the local one, not the online one)?
    I can set my images as background easily enough by using Open, but that's not the same thing.

Comment

Re: Desktop background turns black

Your default choices can be found at /usr/share/wallpapers. You could certainly add your own images there. But if you look at the contents of that directory, you'll see they are "structured" -- it's not just a list of image files.

Personally I keep them in a folder in my home directory.

Comment

Re: Desktop background turns black (SOLVED)

Originally posted by pwabrahams
        But I wonder: is there a way to add my own images to the wallpaper list (the local one, not the online one)?
        I can set my images as background easily enough by using Open, but that's not the same thing.
        There is, add your images into this folder ~/.kde/share/wallpapers.
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Working...
        X