This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with libmuonprivate1 in todays updates

I've already emailed Jon, but tonight, in the updates notification, a new package - libmuonprivate1 - was identified for installation. There is something wrong with it, or it results in conflicts with existing packages. The dist-upgrade finishes with:

Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libmuonprivate1_1.0.95-0ubuntu1~maverick1_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

In the unpackaging phase, this is reported:
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libmuonprivate1_1.0.95-0ubuntu1~maverick1_i386.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libmuon.mo', which is also in package muon 1.0.90-0ubuntu1~maverick1
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Anyone else have this problem?

Added:

Hmm. It appears that this new package would break muon itself:

apt-cache depends libmuonprivate1
    libmuonprivate1
    Depends: libc6
    Depends: libdebconf-kde0
    Depends: libgcc1
    Depends: libkdecore5
    Depends: libkdeui5
    Depends: libkio5
    Depends: libqapt1
    Depends: libqt4-dbus
    Depends: libqt4-network
    Depends: libqt4-svg
    Depends: libqt4-xml
    Depends: libqtcore4
    Depends: libqtgui4
    Depends: libsolid4
    Depends: libstdc++6
    Breaks: muon <<<<<<<<!!!!
    Replaces: muon

Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Error with libmuonprivate1 in todays updates

FYI I have just added the repo (ppa:echidnaman/qapt) and upgrade (from muon 1.0.2-0ubuntu1) runs fine, no problem as you mentioned (miss the icon though). You should remove it first then install again.

BTW I don't see 'Homepage' in package details, I hope it will be added on next release.
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

In MMx64 I can't remove muon. I get the following message:
      Code:
      jim@kRash-mm:~$ sudo apt-get remove --purge muon
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree    
      Reading state information... Done
      You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
      The following packages have unmet dependencies:
       muon-updater : Depends: libmuonprivate1 but it is not going to be installed
      E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
      jim@kRash-mm:~$
      OS: Win7 Prof. X64, XP Prof. x86. WD 160GB X3 RAID 0<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid X64 LTS. <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 10.10 Maverick X64 KDE 4.6.2<br />MB: abit IP35 PRO. Q6600 OC: 3204MHz. <br />RAM: OCZ 1066MHz 8GB (4X2GB) <br />Graphics: Nvidia 9800GTX+ OC: 823/1265<br />Displays: LG 1280X1024. Asus 1680X1050

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuku
        FYI I have just added the repo (ppa:echidnaman/qapt) and upgrade (from muon 1.0.2-0ubuntu1) runs fine, no problem as you mentioned (miss the icon though). You should remove it first then install again.

BTW I don't see 'Homepage' in package details, I hope it will be added on next release.
        Got a reply to my post on Jon's Blog that said the same thing - remove existing muon first. I find it a bit odd that Jon would not have taken this into account, and odder still that he didn't program the upgrade process so that this conflict would be taken care of 'automagically.'

I also noticed, as you comment, that the program icon is missing - it isn't included in the newer release of muon. Jon? Help a guy out? Please?

Comment

I did at least try to get the upgrade to go automagically. :P

apt-cache is being a bit deceptive in its listing of libmuonprivate1 breaking muon. It's true that libmuonprivate1 does break muon, but only muon with a version of less than 1.0.95. apt-cache just happened to leave out that part.

At any rate, I should have done less than 1.0.95, but I accidentally made it conflict/break less than or equal to 1.0.90, which causes this breakage. The upload I did yesterday should fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by JontheEchidna
            The upload I did yesterday should fix this.
            Do we get our Muon icon back?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              Do we get our Muon icon back?
              Apparently not.

Hey Jon, what did you do with the Muon application icon? Kinda dissapointing to have the inocuous ? in the K Menu. :P

Comment

Well! KPackageKit installed muon for me tonight. .....iconless.
                OS: Win7 Prof. X64, XP Prof. x86. WD 160GB X3 RAID 0<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid X64 LTS. <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 10.10 Maverick X64 KDE 4.6.2<br />MB: abit IP35 PRO. Q6600 OC: 3204MHz. <br />RAM: OCZ 1066MHz 8GB (4X2GB) <br />Graphics: Nvidia 9800GTX+ OC: 823/1265<br />Displays: LG 1280X1024. Asus 1680X1050

Comment

Yeah, oops: http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1212588

Comment

It's back! Just ran an update/dist-upgrade and the following packages were identified:
                    The following packages will be upgraded:
                    libmuonprivate1 libqapt-runtime libqapt1 muon muon-notifier muon-updater
                    qapt-batch
                    7 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                    After the upgrade, the Muon icon is back!

Comment

Working...
                    X