X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox/Multimedia issues

Hi there,

Upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10 no worries however Firefox has become virtually unusable mainly with sites that use high flash content (Youtube being the main one). Clicking on a Youtube video does one of 2 things, either asks me to install flash (which if I go into Kpackagekit tells me it's already installed) or completely kills the browser session altogether having to start again. Only happens on multimedia/flash websites, and after getting booted out ask me to submit an error report to mozilla so they can fix it. The funny thing however is I can view youtube and any other site I like in Opera, though the only issue there is even if I only have 2 tabs open in opera and no other programs open, the cpu is at 100% with a few times having to reboot the system as it's frozen (no mouse movement, ctrl+esc won't respond)

Also cannot view any videos/movies on the hard drive, can hear them but no vision.

Cameron

Re: Firefox/Multimedia issues

Hey

Try installing this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/

It should help you fix the problem.

Comment

Try this first:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
      ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Cheers for the fix, Firefox is running how it should now

However still can't see any video using VLC etc??

Comment

what kind of video are you trying to play in vlc?
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

just avi and mpeg which vlc usually has no hassles playing.

Comment

Use this command:
              Code:
              sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
              and then do this:
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install non-free-codecs
              The first command will add the mediabuntu repo, that contains all the non-free codecs and app. etc.

The next command will install all the non-free codecs.

You can read a bit more about it her: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Comment

tatewaki,

ran those 2 commands and still no joy. Never had this issue before with a distro upgrade as VLC always worked with just about anything.

I also have the initial Firefox problem back again ever since doing the system update, have tried running the previous fixes again but firefox is still booting me out or saying I need to download flash :$

Comment

Working...
                X