X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kdepim stuck in version 4.4.8?

Hi

All my computers run Kubuntu latest, and I always upgrade to the latest version. I've been having mysterious crashes in my main desktop (this is by far the most heavily used computer in the house, with multiple users accounts, etc). I posted a KDE bugs report:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259800

I realized at some point that I had a bunch of older KDE packages in the system. I removed some of them and the computer was stable for a few days. We closed that bug, and now I had a couple more crashing incidents. I looked again and I noticed a bunch of KDE 4.4.8 packages. I removed most of them, but I still have libkdepim4 4.4.8. I can't seem to be able to remove it.

Code:
    (from dpkg -l |grep ii)
    ii libkdepim4                    4:4.4.8-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1          KDE PIM library
    Is that the culprit? Any ideas on what to do? The rest of my KDE packages are really 4.5.4. I noticed on other systems I upgraded what I also have older (4.4.8) kde packages). Even packages.kubuntu.org lists 4.4.8 as the latest version of some kdepim packages. Which seems odd really.

Any thoughts, appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: kdepim stuck in version 4.4.8?

Unless you are running KDE 4.6 beta, libkdepim4 4:4.4.8-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1 is the most current - it's what I have on my 10.10 running KDE 4.5.4.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Same version for Natty:

Code:
      don@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-cache policy libkdepim4
      libkdepim4:
       Installed: 4:4.4.8-0ubuntu2
       Candidate: 4:4.4.8-0ubuntu2
       Version table:
       *** 4:4.4.8-0ubuntu2 0
          500 [url]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] natty/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      don@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
      Linux ubuntu 2.6.37-10-generic #24-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 16 17:52:40 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
      don@ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
      No LSB modules are available.
      Distributor ID: Ubuntu
      Description:  Ubuntu natty (development branch)
      Release:    11.04
      Codename:    natty
      On Debian forums, I recall in recent months seeing posts regarding some heavy development of KDE PIM, which is hoped/expectd to improve the sorry state of some of the PIM services. I haven't been a KDE PIM user, but it might be in my future to learn more about it, so I'm hoping too ....

Comment

Ah, ok, many thanks!

I only use KMail from the kdepim suite (haven't been lucky with the rest). I am actually looking for alternatives to KDE, because I've had way too many crashes since KDE4 debuted, and unfortunately, a crash typically leaves KDE4 in an unusable state. But so far there is nothing I like nearly as much as KDE.

Oh well. Thanks a lot for the info!

Comment

Working...
        X