Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

qmmp does play cds with two devices attached to system.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qmmp does play cds with two devices attached to system.

I have been limiting my comments on players somewhat to posting in other threads but a comment in one which said that Amarok is "not being developed" to play cds really just took me aback.

Another comment that having two "cd devices" would mess things up also took me aback....

So I went back to a player that I have been kind of on a kick about, which is Clementine, and really WATCHED what was going on...it will not play anything that is "not local", Now, I have played cds on it and then I realized that it was actually grabbing the track and putting it in some kind of "cache" I guess...

So... I very carefully tried to play a really oddball cd using qmmp so that I could be sure that it was not in some kind of cache.

It is in the DVD player/writer AND I also have a "cd player" device.

It does play cds, this is version 0.4.3

I went to: right click on the face of the player/tools/add CD /dev/sr0.

It found the cd, the light came on it presented the tracks and is now working through them FROM THE CD.

Now, yes, I myself, usually, just copy a cds tracks to the HD since HDs are so large and I can also put them on a memory stick and play them in the car but, a lot of people just want to play the cd.

We should applaud the devs at qmmp for this, if.....Amarok, and apparently others, are "not developing to play a cd".

If anyone has additions, subtractions or changes to what I've posted PLEASE post them.

Re: qmmp does play cds with two devices attached to system.

I have hade a similar problems. See my post and solution here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3114299.0

Dont know if its ok to do as I done (/dev/cdrom at two lines in 70-persistent-cd.rules), I am not an linux expert.

I also put both:

/dev/cdrom1 /dev/cdrom2

on the line for Systemsettings -> Multimedia -> Audiocd.

Dont know if thats ok either, but it seams to function.

Bay the way, a I found a quite good CD player:

Bangarang

Comment

Originally posted by Deborn

Dont know if its ok to do as I done (/dev/cdrom at two lines in 70-persistent-cd.rules), I am not an linux expert.

Bangarang
      Hi Deborn.

Please never think that of what you might do in the future again.

YOU...........are the heart and soul of what Linux is all about....

Linux is all about "freedom", "trying things out for yourself instead of bowing in obsequity to an all knowing "smarter than thou".

And reporting what you did will probably, at some time in the future, help some other person who happens on this thread.

GOOD JOB!!

woodsmoke

Comment

What I ment is if I violated some other system settings with my configuration.

Thanks for your nice words, it realy makes me ceep up the spritit!

Merry-Christmas!

Comment

I, unfortunately, got kind of sidetracked on different music players, but Cope57 over at Rev reminded me of qmmp.

This really is a jewel of a player, and it uses all those wonderful winamp skins!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X