X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Database Front End Software

Hello,
    Is there something like Amarok for movies? I'd like a front end that can manage my movie and television collection... Download a cover art, create playlists, sort and all that fancy stuff.

Anything like that out there?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571

Re: Video Database Front End Software

It's still in 'early' development, and it's written for Ubuntu, but you might want to look at Figuritas. A verly lengthy thread over on Ubuntuforums is here.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you, Snowhog. That does look promising. I also found an app called GCStar. I'll give both a try tonight and let you know how things turn out.

http://www.gcstar.org/

Comment

Didn't know about GCstar. Looks quite interesting. Nice.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Reporting back....

Figuritas has potential, but as the link indicates it's still very beta. All configuration is done by hand and there are, literally, no features yet. I'll keep an eye out on it b/c it does look promising.

GCStar is pretty good. I was hoping for something I could point to a directory structure and it would import/tag all the meta-data for me. Instead, I have to manually point to each file and then manually select the 'correct' meta-data from a downloaded list. A lot of work, but perhaps worth it. Major downside to this setup? If you move or add a file, it won't update automatically. I've only done a few simple tests so far, but it gets the movie cover, the list of actors, the genre, year, description and (for television show), the season/episode. It will launch the video in whatever player is default. You can sort on just about any field. The random episode feature is nice. The interface is somewhat counter intuitive; a 'drop-box' would be nice to choose between (for example) movies and television shows, but those are considered to be two separate 'collections' and thus you have open a different file. It also runs on both Linux and Windows. Finally, It has a nice feature for 'lending'; you can track/email a person you've loaned a movie/show/whatever to.

Comment

I'd second GCstar, I've been using it for a couple of years and find it is perfect for the job - definitely worth the effort setting it up.

Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Working...
            X