Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] gKrellm transparent skins don't work in KDE 4 and above.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Solved] gKrellm transparent skins don't work in KDE 4 and above.

Hi Widgeteye,

That's cairo-dock. It's kinda' like a cross between a taskbar and a menu. You can find it in the repositories, along with some extra stuff for it. It's designed on gnome, but it works fine on kde, too (for the most part). The project is very active, so you'll want to visit their site and you'll probably want to add their ppa to your sources list so you can get the latest stable updates.

Here's a link to their site, and here's one to a useful forum post with some kde tips, and here's one to their launchpad main page, where you can choose a ppa to include in your sources. I have the weekly, myself, and I've not had any problems yet at all.

Some of the kde taskbar widgets either aren't integrated very well yet, or I just haven't wanted to take the time to tinker with them, so I also have a hidden task bar at the top of my screen to access things like Lancelot, which, even though I've got it on my dock, doesn't work unless there is also one in the kde taskbar, and the sound mixer, device manager, and knetworkmanager.
    MB:ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 780G HDMI, Proc: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6 GHz 2x512KB L2 Cache, Graph: Int. ATI Radeon HD 3200, Aud: Int. Realtek ALC1200 8 channels, Ram: 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 SDRAM, Monitor: Dell SE198WFP 19" Wide FPM

Comment

Working...
    X