This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlueDevil Problem

So I finally took the bait and updated my system to 10.10. By default kbluetooth is not there but bluedevil. I have a HP bluetooth mouse that was working fine under kbluetooth but not anymore. So I decided to reinstall the OS and there is no for me to get my bluetooth mouse to work. and I really like this mouse. I go as far as the section where it says 0000... My mouse was working fine before but not anymore. Any help guys?
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: BlueDevil Problem

Hi
    PLEASE SEE MY EDIT BELOW!!!

I was not able to connect to an Android until today for some reason, but after I did the update, in which I did not notice anything "obviously" Bluedevil or something, it worked.

The 0000 is what you type into the interactive box you will get on the phone, if it is a physical keyboard phone, you may not be able to get at the box with the virtual keyboard and you only have maybe 15 seconds to enter the number.

The 0000 is a generic PIN number if you do not have one on the phone that you have already applied.

Since you are at the PIN entry then the situation is probably that you don't have the physical keyboard avaialbe.

EDIT EDIT:

Wellll I entered the pin, I used the 0000, I don't have a self-set PIN, and it worked, the phone popped up on the kubuntu try as being connected.

So, I made the post. However, NOW....it is NOT there..............so I'm editing this to say that although it did, indeed, seem to be connected, it is, apparently, now not.

However, the item about the physical keyboard and the 0000 still hold, unless you don't have a physical keyboard of course.

Sorry about the misleading post that I had it working....hmmm I'll come back.

woodsmoke

Comment

in case anyone read my first post before the edit, please see the edit.
      woodsmoke

Comment

Well, this is just ODD.
        The android pairs and connects with other distros so I know that it does work.

The situation with the android previously was

a) that it would pair and not connect, and no PIN number box was presented. All very frustrating.

b) but with the advent of blueman, it would pair, offer the box to type in the 0000 but the time out was so short that i couldn't get it to work and that was where the physical keyboard came in it would work.

The situation today was that it paired, connected, offered the box, I entered 0000 and the thing was hooked up.

I made the post and went back to fiddle with it and low and behold it was NOT hooked up and I cannot get the connect box back again.

I installed "blueman" and it pairs but does not connect.

I found a couple of relevant threads which are of NO help at all:

An Ubu thread that was last posted on Sept 2010

http://ca.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9870372

A Google thread that was last posted 41 hours ago! lol

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1725

So, again all I can post is that I know that my android does work with blueman on other distros, but not with MM either as Ubu or as Kubu but don't have an answer.

sorry!

woodsmoke

Comment

Thanks guys, that is correct, I do not have a way to input the pin on my mouse. all I know is that before the version 10.10 using kbluetooth it was working perfectly and now it is not working. I try to input the pin manually using bluedevil to no success, all the way from 0000 to 9999 and still can't connect to the mouse.
          You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
          Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
          Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Working...
          X