X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] gtk-recordMyDesktop problem

Kubuntu 10.10 - KDE 4.5.1

When I activate gtk-recordMyDesktop from the Multimedia menu nothing happens (in previous Kubuntu versions an icon appeared in the system tray). When I run recordMyDesktop from the command prompt the program works fine). And when I run gtk-recordMyDesktop from the command prompt I get the following messages:

(...)
    /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdMonitor.py:10: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated. Use the subprocess module.
    import popen2
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop", line 43, in <module>
    main()
    File "/usr/bin/gtk-recordMyDesktop", line 40, in main
    tr=rmdSimple.simpleWidget()
    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py", line 515, in __init__
    self.trayIcon=trayIcon(self)
    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdTrayIcon.py", line 394, in __init__
    self.tray_popup=iTP.TrayPopupMenu(self.parent,self .parent.values,self.optionsOpen)
    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/recordMyDesktop/rmdTrayPopup.py", line 51, in __init__
    self.popupmenu_continueitem.hide()
    AttributeError: TrayPopupMenu instance has no attribute 'popupmenu_continueitem'
    (...)

Any suggestions to bring gtk-recordMyDesktop working back?

TIA

Re: gtk-recordMyDesktop problem

gtk-recordmydesktop? Gnome? There is a QT frontend (KDE): qt-recordmydesktop. Where/how did you install the app?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      gtk-recordmydesktop? Gnome? There is a QT frontend (KDE): qt-recordmydesktop. Where/how did you install the app?
      At System Settings->Software Management->Get and Remove Software. I've searched for qt-recordMyDesktop but no app was found with this name.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Problem solved: I've installed RecordItNow, which works fine for my purposes.

Thank you all for your interest.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] gtk-recordMyDesktop problem

"Recorditnow" IS the Qt GUI KDE front end to recordmydesktop, a qt app for desktop recording.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X