Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot to disable the incremental search in kate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot to disable the incremental search in kate?

Hi folks,

I urgently need to disable the incremental search function in Kate and have tho old KDE3 behavior but cannot find how.

The incremental search always start at the beginning of the text which is extremely contra productive to me.

Example: I am at line 1000 of my document and want to locate the next "print" statement. After typing Ctrl-f and the first "p" I am thrown back to the beginning of the document line 3 (where the first "p" is located) and finally I am located at the first "print" in the document. That kind of behavior doesn't make sense at all, but I don't know how to switch back to the old KDE3 behavior.

Cheers, Paul

Re: Hot to disable the incremental search in kate?

Originally posted by anutosho
    The incremental search always start at the beginning of the text which is extremely contra productive to me.

Example: I am at line 1000 of my document and want to locate the next "print" statement. After typing Ctrl-f and the first "p" I am thrown back to the beginning of the document line 3 (where the first "p" is located) and finally I am located at the first "print" in the document. That kind of behavior doesn't make sense at all, but I don't know how to switch back to the old KDE3 behavior.
    Hmm, on my end the search starts from cursor position, which I think is the intended behavior...and not at the beginning of document. Unless the cursor is there, of course.

Comment

Re: Hot to disable the incremental search in kate?

Hmmm, after the last update everything is fine.

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X