This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No accounts recognized on gmail-plasmoid

Gmail-plasmoid used to work fine for me, but recently it simply doesn't work. When I add my account to the plasmoid, hovering over the icon says "No Accounts: Please configure some accounts to check" and clicking it just takes me to the Gmail homepage. Although I have that message, the accounts I entered do appear on the "Threads" submenu. I have the latest version of the plasmoid, and I seem to have the same issue after downgrading to the previous one. Also, uninstalling/reinstalling did not work.
    Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2<br />Gateway MT6840<br />Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz<br />1GB RAM

Re: No accounts recognized on gmail-plasmoid

Hi
    I don't know if can really answer your question but when I attempted to install the widgit, I saw that there were two versions, so thinking of how "settings" can end up in all sorts of places, I installed the previous one and when i went right clicked on it and it said check e-mail now I received the same message you did.

I then went to the setup(wrench) and entered the NAME on my account not "woodsmoke@geeemail" I entered "woodsmoke" and then went to notificatons and saw:

To configure notifications go to KDE personal setting, select notifications and select gmailplasmoid and modify as required.

I did that, it is in Start/system settings/application and system notifications .

I had to click the "event source" and indeed found gmail plasmoid and notification of a new e-mail was indeed ticked.

I then sent two test e-mails to myself and nothing worked.

But, one point.

I do not let g-mail keep my password so I thought that might be the problem, but, I thought that then I would install the new version.

The main thing about the new version seems to be, on the surface to be that a title box appears when I hover over it.

The box was already red so that meant I ASSUMED to mean that it new there were e-mails present.

I then opened the e-mails, told the plasmoid to check and the letter changed from red to gray.

I then sent myself a test e-mail again and right clicked to check and the box did indeed turn red with a big number 1 in it and a popup bubble appeared at the bottom right above the panel. So, for me, with a new Meerkat and updtatd, the plasmoid does work.

So. the question from me is, did you do the notifications setup in KDE personal preferences?

Another item might be that Kwallet kept popping up wanting to store my password when I was setting up the plasmoid, if you used Kwallet, sometimes Kwallet can get bolixed up so.. dunno,

But, given that I have it working and if you try the setup as I mentioned and not do the Kwallet thing, then the situation is way beyond me but this may have provided some information for the person who would get you working.

good look!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X