X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with fonts and bluetooth

Hello there,
    I'm a Kubuntu newbie. I've had Ubuntu before, and decided to give Kubuntu a try. Let's just say my transition to Kubuntu wasn't half as smooth as it was with Ubuntu. I really want to make it work, and I tried to search for a solution on every single issue I had, with not much luck usually. So here goes:

First of all - the fonts! I haven't toyed with the appearance settings, it just how it came "from the box". The title bar font are all very ugly, on GTK and KDE applications alike. I tried to play with the anti-aliasing setting, and it did nothing for me. I installed the MS fonts and the NVIDIA driver, too. Firefox looks extremely horrible, so does Amarok. I searched everywhere, I just can't find any solution to this. The fonts render beautifully on the panel, but that's pretty much the only place they to that.

Now, for the second one. I have a bluetooth MS mouse. It paired with Kubuntu without any problems. But if I reboot, BlueDevil say a PIN is needed to pair with the device. If I try to, it does nothing. If I specifically ask to connect to the mouse, it gets to the window where I can enter PIN, but after I do (either automatically or by entering 0000), it just gets stuck in the PIN validation window. The only way to reconnect the mouse is by removing it and connecting anew, which is a ridiculous and tedious thing to do after each rebooting.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Problems with fonts and bluetooth

As I am happy with the appearance of the fonts I'll give you my settings.
    (I use the Dutch localisation so there might be slight differences in terminology)

In System Settings/ Appearance of Programs/Fonts
    I find most fonts are set to Ubuntu, Anti Aliasing is switched on and RGB full Sub Pixel hinting has been selected.
    No DPI has been selected for this 1680x1050 screen.

In System Settings/ Appearance of Programs/GTK appearance
    I use the QtCurve widget set which will force the KDE font-settings in GTK applications.
    There is a remark that for GNOME applications you need to use the GNOME configurator.
    But because I've never used such a thing I assume all is standard.

I too use a Bluetooth mouse, it's a Logitech Bluetooth Laser Travel Mouse.
    During first discovery you need to set it as an always trusted device.
    The KDE Bluetooth Configuration module (Bluedevil?) is set for KDE integration.

I hope this is any help...

Comment

Re: Problems with fonts and bluetooth

Heya there, thanks for the detailed reply.

Most of the settings were already set the way you described, but changing the rest didn't effect the font appearance. The title bar letters of each windows are all pixeled and rough looking, and I have to note that firefox is just ugly all over - the fonts, the tabs, the buttons (like home, back and such). Maybe I forgot to mention - I installed Kubuntu on my laptop, and it has a 15.4" screen.

The mouse thing resolved, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X