X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kontact

Hello guys!
    I have searched but to no avail. I have kontact set so that kmail runs in the system tray. However whenever I log in kontact keeps popping up with the kmail window. i want kmail running in background but i do not want kontact to keep opening the main window whenever I log in.
    Any ideas, greatly appreciated!
    Cheers

Re: kontact

I think you had to tell kontact to start always with kmail or calendar, and then setup them to start minimized in the system tray. It's a weird way to do it.. but used to work.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to agree with minsori. If you can't do it with the install, it might be an idea to unistall, and reinstall and tell it anew what to do.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
        Unfortunately, I have to agree with minsori. If you can't do it with the install, it might be an idea to unistall, and reinstall and tell it anew what to do.

woodsmoke
        uninstalling/reinstalling applications is a useless task, in terms of trying to fix something, in most cases. All your settings and configs are NOT removed in this process and in the vast majority of cases will do adsolutely nothing to fix things.

Now, another option that you can try is to fiddle with some settings you can find by right-clicking on kontact's titlebar - select Advanced -- Special Application Settings.

From there, in the Geometry Tab, check the "Minimized" box, and then in the drop-down selection choose "Apply Initially", and then also check the box to the right.

Yet another option is to specifically add a kontact entry to your autostart in System Settings, and edit the entry's Application area so that the command reads 'kontact --iconify'. You may need to add Kontact to your saved-session excludes application list if the window does not start minimized.

Comment

Working...
        X