This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird KNode display

Does anyone know what the big question mark is in this snapshot of KNode? It goes away when I view the item, but I would like to know how to prevent it from appearing ever.
    Attached Files

Re: Weird KNode display

Such a display - the question mark in a boc - represents an icon file that either isn't where the application expects to find it, or can't be read/displayed [mime type] by the application.

Looking at the image of image of the apps three-pane display - File:Knode news.png - there should be a yellow ball for each new/unread item. Do you see this at all?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, the yellow ball is not there. After I click on the item, the question mark disappears and I get a ball with a checkmark. If I set unread on that message, it becomes a yellow ball with a checkmark. If you can direct me to the home for these images, we will probably find that a file is missing.

Comment

I installed Knode to check it out. I also got the large question marks on the new, unread articles. I reviewed my system, but could not find a controlling file that contained pointers to the icons used.

Comment

The weird thing is that I believe this problem did not exist when I first installed KNode. I just tried reinstalling, but the problem persists.

Comment

"...I first installed KNode."

Yes, but here in Marverick, or in an earlier release?

Comment

Here in maverick. I'm doing a clean installation of maverick.

I found images in /usr/share/kde4/apps/knode/pics, including greyball.png and greyballchk.png. No yellowball.png. However, it's the same set of images that I have in my old 10.04 installation, which did not have this problem. There is no yellowball on either system. There is no *chk.png on either system other than greyballchk.png. There is no *chk.{some other image format} on either system. Of course, it could have a completely different name.

Comment

Well, KNode was freshly installed here, and I got the question marks. What Desktop Theme are you using? It is 'possible' that the Theme is causing the problem.

Comment

I think that I am using Oxygen for the window decorations and Air for the desktop theme. They are presumably the default selections because I never changed them on installing Maverick.

Comment

Working...
                  X