X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] QuickAccess Browser widget and Dolphin problem

KDE 4.5.2

I had added to the K Menu, under Utilities, an additional entry for Kate (Root). I've since removed that entry from the K Menu. However, the QuickAccess Browser widget is remembering this entry, and so is Dolphin.

When I use either and open my Documents folder and click on any text file, I'm prompted for my root password, as both are using the now non-existant Kate (Root) entry. Right-clicking on any text file from either the widget or Dolphin and selecting Open With shows two entries with Kate (Root) as the first item and Kate next.

I've updated the database (sudo updatedb) and even rebooted my laptop. Clicking on a text file from within Dolphin, the non-existant Kate (Root) launches and functions if I provide the requested password. When I close the opened text document and close Kate, I now get the following error:

Sorry-Dolphin

KDEInit could not launch '/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu'

Acknowledge the error (that's all you can do) closes the error with no harm or ill effects. If I opt to Open With > Kate all is fine.

So what file or files contains this reference to my no-longer-existing K Menu entry, and why weren't they updated when the K Menu entry was removed?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: QuickAccess Browser widget and Dolphin problem

In the famous quote from Homer Simpson - "Doh!" :P

Found it. K > System Settings > File Associations > text > plain > General > Application Preference Order
    Kate (Root) and Kate listed, with Kate (Root) first. As I don't have this in K Menu anymore, I just deleted it.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] QuickAccess Browser widget and Dolphin problem

Okay, so that begs the question: Why, if File Associations gets updated when "new" associations are created, as I did, is it not updated when an application/entry in K Menu that established the association is removed?

Comment

Working...
      X