This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange kmix behaviour

I think kmix shows a bit of a strange behaviour since I've installed 10.10. In earlier versions, when I right clicked the icon in the system tray, I got a small window with one slider (master volume or so) docked to the system tray. To get this window now, I have to right click the icon in the system tray and then click "Show Mixer Window". After that, the window appears, but it is docked to the upper left corner of my screen. It cannot be moved from there. So changing the volume includes a lot of mouse travel.
    When left clicking the icon in the system tray, the "Playback Devices" window appears. But I find this is a bit oversized for just adjusting the volume.
    Has anyone experienced the same behaviour, or even better, knows how to get the good ol' slider back to where it was before?

Re: strange kmix behaviour

You're with the Meerkat now -- time to learn PulseAudio!

Install paman, padevchooser, and pavucontrol. You can also install alsamixergui if you like it.

pavucontrol is what you should use first, -- make sure your "output device" is not muted. Play with padevchooser which is just a panel icon with no icon, that lets you manage the switching of devices.

Comment

Re: strange kmix behaviour

Many Thanks, I have just installed and tested them all. Very nice tools, but not so well integrated in kde as kmix. I just came behind, that I can change output volume with kmix just by using the scroll wheel when over the kmix icon. So I will stick with kmix but keep an eye on the pulseaudio controls.
      Maybe, some day, they will even find their way into the system settings application...

Thanks again, bye bye
      Hans-Peter

Comment

Working...
      X