This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAWP Question for my lappy! [SOLVED]

OK. Same install media was used but then again YAWP comes from the repos after install. Anyway, on my desktop YAWP works but can't set the units. On the laptop you can't set the units and also when you first pick a city and you exit out for it to update you can see it populate the various fields with the data but just after it finishes all field (numerical) revert to "0". Log out and back in, "0". Remove YAWP and reset and it does the same thing, "0". Both systems are 64 bit, see sig below. Anybody else with such behaviour? Also, any reason why the units can't be set? Normally I'd grab what ROG131 has in his PPA but he does not have it for 10.10. Anyone?

Re: YAWP Question for my lappy!

The Hell is freezing ?

Maybe not > Bug #636338: yawp doesn't display any data

Turning the proposed on ( > FAQ: Repositories).
    -Proposed is the testing area for -updates. A number of people must give positive feedback on these packages before they are allowed into -updates. This repository is recommended ONLY to people interested in helping to test updates and provide feedback. Since they are in effect testing updates, there is a higher chance of defective updates in this repository.
    Updating the package database and updating the YAWP.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-yawp
    The following packages will be upgraded:
    plasma-dataengines-yawp plasma-widget-yawp
    2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 96 not upgraded.
    Preparing to replace plasma-dataengines-yawp 0.3.4-1ubuntu1 (using .../plasma-dataengines-yawp_0.3.5-0ubuntu1~maverick1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement plasma-dataengines-yawp ...
    Preparing to replace plasma-widget-yawp 0.3.4-1ubuntu1 (using .../plasma-widget-yawp_0.3.5-0ubuntu1~maverick1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement plasma-widget-yawp ...
    Setting up plasma-dataengines-yawp (0.3.5-0ubuntu1~maverick1) ...
    Setting up plasma-widget-yawp (0.3.5-0ubuntu1~maverick1) ...
    Turning the proposed off.
    Updating the package database.

Turning the plasma-widget-yawp off and on again and the Hell is not freezing...

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: YAWP Question for my lappy!

Great example there!

Thanks!! That fix works. Read the Bug report and that was the issue I was having. 10.10 is doing very well for my laptop. I was able to get the ATI driver to work this time without Desktop Effects wanting to cut off. So now the HDMI port seems to work better. Yea!

Comment

Working...
      X