Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorites in Rekonq - how do you 'add' new ones??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorites in Rekonq - how do you 'add' new ones??

I did add one a few days ago, but for the life of me, I can't remember how I did it. Clicking on + Add Favorite on the Favorites tab creates an empty Preview, but when I click on Set new favorite Rekonq tells me to "Please open up the webpage you want to add as favorite" and over on the right is a button to "Set to This Page". I'm missing something obvious I'm sure, but what?

I did it once, so it must be doable.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Favorites in Rekonq - how do you 'add' new ones??

After clicking Set New Preview, browse to the page you want as you normally would , then click "set to this page"

Comment

That doesn't work (here). The only way to navigate to the desired webpage to use for the new favorites, is to open a new tab. But the "set to this page" isn't on the new tab, and just clicking back on the Favorites tab, where the "set to this page" is showing and clicking on it, results in the Favorites tab page being the new added favorite.

Comment

you can't type in a url, or search from the url bar?

Comment

Yes, I can, but as soon as I hit enter, a 'new tab' is created with the website displayed. If I don't press enter, just typing in the URL I want to add as a favorite, while on the Favorites tab, and then clicking on the Add Favorite, it doesn't add the typed URL, but the Favorites tab itself.

Like I said, I did it once, because I have KFN as a 'favorite' in this tab. But I can't figure out how I did it. :P

Comment

odd, it werks fer me.

1. Click 'add favorite' to add a new preview box
            2. Click on the new preview box, 'please open the webpage you want to add as as favorite' appears near top of window
            3. browse to the page you want bt typing or searching from the url bar
            4. once there click 'set to this page'

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
              3. browse to the page you want bt typing or searching from the url bar
              4. once there click 'set to this page'
              I wish that worked here - it does not. In order to do 3. above, you must click enter, and that results in a new tab being created with the website displayed. That new tab does not have the 'set to this page' obviously. Returning to the Favorites tab, which still has the new preview box and the 'set to this page' button, will not add the new site on the new tab.

You say in 3. "bt [sic] typing' -- are you saying that is 'different' than 'searching from the url bar'? If that is what you are saying, where/how do you 'type'?

Comment

This is what I see.
                Attached Files

Comment

Does this video I slapped together help?

Comment

What you show in the video is what I'd expect, but not what happens for me. When I type in the desired URL and press enter, instead of the webpage displaying in/on the Favorites tab, the webpage opens in a 'new' tab. If the webpage opened in the Favorites tab, then I would be able to click on the 'set to the page button.

Comment

Your video, and my rekonq behavior tells me that a configuration in rekonq is affecting the desired behavior. So I checked. I (from habit when running Konqueror) had the option 'Open new links in new tab instead on new window' checked. Unchecking it results in the desired behavior in your video, and I am able to 'add' new favorites. Would this be concidered a bug? No matter, I now can add to Favorites. Cool. 8)

Comment

Odd, the default (and my settings) are to open links in new tabs. I wonder if it still works if you switch back to that, will it still work? (or start fromn a fresh config file for rekonq?)

It should be considered a bug as it should be working for you in either case

Comment

Re-checked the 'Open new links in new tab instead on new window' option and tried adding a new favorite. Worked as expected, opening the new URL in the Favorties tab. I'll have to shut down rekonq and relaunch it and try adding a new favorite to see if, having the URL open in a new tab, will work. I'll let you know.

Comment

Interesting. Even with the option now checked, the behavior of adding new favorites works as it should. Don't no what to make of that, but I'm happy that it works as it is supposed to.

Comment

maybe the rc file was corrupted, and editing the settings re-wrote and fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X