This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox - problem saving images [SOLVED]

Firefox seems to have lost its ability to save images.
    When I right click on an image and choose "Save Image As" nothing happens.
    If I then go to a folder and tell it to paste the contents of the clipboard I get an image Icon when then fails to open (leading to an error message in Gwenview).
    This change seemed to occur about 2-3 weeks before 10:10 went Live, whilst I was using the Beta version.
    I did a clean install with the final released 10:10 version but the problem still exists.
    I have to open Chromium and use that to save images.

It's minor, but annoying.

Re: firefox - problem saving images

Right-clicking images in Firefox 3.6.10 and "Save image as" works fine here.
    If you want to poast the image (into Gimp or whatever), you have to right-click the image first and select "Copy image".
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Please don't tell me that it works fine on your computer, that's just lame.

The point is, when right clicking and going to "save image as", a dialogue box is supposed to appear.
      It doesn't.
      I don't know why.
      Which is why I posted.
      Hoping that someone might know why.
      A hope which, I confess, I still harbour.

Comment

Same here- still with 10.4 and Firefox 3.6.10. Stopped working sometime in the last few weeks.

Comment

Here is a work around that I found. Right click the image and go to" view image info" last one on the list . When that opens up there is a save as button. That button works for me as where the regular save as option is broken.

Comment

I can confirm the same problem using the 64 bit version, firefox 3.6.10 and kubuntu 10.10. I also tried and the work around posted java_az works for me as well. odd that it won't just pull up the dialog box...

here is another way without having to do that. If you just start firefox in a terminal, you will be able to use the 'save image as' feature. You can also start it using alt-F2 and it will work. If you want a more permanent type of fix, right click on the kde menu and open the menu editor. Go down to firefox and change the command from "firefox %u" to just "firefox". I tried to search around and find out what the %u does or why it is there. I couldn't find out, but without it firefox works just fine and you can use the 'save image as' menu once again.

Comment

@java az

Thankyou - that works. Not quite as efficient as right click save as, but better than mucking about with 2 browsers.

I know someone would have a solution.

Thanks again.

Comment

%u - is parameter for the URL. Say, firefox http://google.com - it will open google.com when firefox is loaded.

I tried remove %u but still can't save image as =/
                HP ProBook 4310s - ATI Radeon Mobility 4330 - pae kernel<br /><br />http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/

Comment

Re: firefox - problem saving images [SOLVED]

Easy solution : GET CHROMIUM !!!!

Why on earth would u still use firefox?
                  Does one ever truly has a choice... ?

Comment

Re: firefox - problem saving images [SOLVED]

I've got the same issue. There is a bug report on it in launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensuse/...ox/+bug/572772 and they seem to think it's an issue with the kmozillahelper package from the openSuse people.

Comment

Working...
                    X