This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fonts and window problems

Prior to upgrading to 10.10 I would simply delete $HOME/.fonts.conf in order to get great looking, sharp fonts in my browser, SeaMonkey. Now, however, that no longer works as deleting that file resets my system fonts...so my browser fonts look horrible now. How do I get around this?

Also, inexplicably--as in, I didn't adjust any settings that should/could cause this--SOME of my window title bars are not displaying as they're supposed to. Specifically, they're supposed to be colored light blue, but they're displaying silver. I can't see any rhyme or reason to it--right now, SeaMonkey's title bar is colored but Konsole's is not, even when USING Konsole. I had Dolphin running by itself a minute ago and it was not colored, closed it, opened KNetWalk and it wasn't colored either. So I'm kind of stumped. Note that it's NOT a focus issue, because I'm talking about even when I'm actively USING an app, its title bar still may or may not be the color it's supposed to be.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Re: Fonts and window problems

Try this as ~/.fonts.conf

Code:
    <?xml version='1.0'?>
    <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
    <fontconfig>
    <match target="font" >
    <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
    <const>none</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font" >
    <edit mode="assign" name="hinting" >
    <bool>false</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font" >
    <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle" >
    <const>hintnone</const>
    </edit>
    </match>
    <match target="font" >
    <edit mode="assign" name="antialias" >
    <bool>true</bool>
    </edit>
    </match>
    </fontconfig>

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Fonts and window problems

Thanks, oshun! Looks good so far.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X