This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard Keymap Incorrect

I recently did a full upgrade from Lucid to Maverick (via CD) and now my keyboard is not working properly. It's a MS Digital Media Pro, which worked great under Lucid with the help of Keytouch. However, with the upgrade, I've lost some keys that even Keytouch can't manipulate.

But the strangest thing is the "Insert" key. Whenever it is pressed, it opens up Dolphin!!! It is actually behaving as if I press the "My Music" button (which, in Keytouch, is supposed to open dolphin in my Music directory). Also, NumLock works opposite. If the light is on, NumLock is off. Not as big of a deal (just have to re-train myself) but it seems odd that the *basic* keys are not working. I can by without the Multimedia keys, but the basic keyboard layout should work. I'm using a standard 104-key PC layout.

I've heard that xev can change the mapping, but I don't which file to modify. Please help!

Thanks.
    Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Re: Keyboard Keymap Incorrect

Weird that it worked before. Makes me think something is amiss. Do you have any other users on your system? If not, add a new user and see if you get the same results.

Otherwise, if your messed up and missing keys are producing keycodes (this is what xev shows you) it's easy enough to remap keys using Xmodmap. I use this to reverse shift action of the ~ ` and the | \ keys. You need the keycodes and the keysym list.

In a terminal this will show you what your current mapping is xmodmap -pke Keysyms can be dumped with sudo dumpkeys -l

If the missing keys aren't producing keycodes, it's a bit harder to fix that...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X