This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny text - how to fix?

I am a complete Linux noob, so I have no idea how to fix some of the unexpected things that pop up in Kubuntu.

I tried to run Half-Life 2 via Steam in WINE (v 1.3.10) and the game launched, but for whatever reason it was running VERY slow. I'm talking like, one frame every six seconds (This isn't the issue I'm posting about but nevertheless if anyone knows how to fix this too I would greatly appreciate it).

After I quit the game, the KDE GUI was still running in a ridiculously low screen resolution, so once I put it back into 1920x1080, another problem remained. A lot of the text is TINY. Here's a screenshot.
    http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...xcfako&thumb=6
    I've looked around in the system settings and couldn't find any setting to fix this. It's probably something really simple that I'm missing, but does anyone have any clue?

Re: Tiny text - how to fix?

You may want to fix it at another level, but what I do is hold down the Ctrl key while I adjust it with my scroll wheel.

Comment

The ctrl+scroll wheel shortcut seems to be application controlled, while the tiny text problem I'm having seems to be a systemwide problem (note the FireFox window in the background, the "File" "Edit" etc. menus are tiny as well, while the webpage itself is perfectly readable). It makes Dolphin incredibly difficult to use.

Comment

Do you have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

What video card/driver are you using?

How did you "reset" the video to 1920x1080?

What is the output of xdpyinfo |grep res in a terminal?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X