X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kpackagekit graphic error

1.invisible install/remove buttons
    2.package description area remains blank until i click on a different window.

[img width=400 height=224]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/miasmablk/snapshot1.png[/img]
    already tried to uninstall/reinstall yet the problem persists...ideas? plz..

Re: kpackagekit graphic error

Originally posted by miasmablk
    already tried to uninstall/reinstall yet the problem persists...ideas? plz..
    Install and use Muon.
    I'm an Italian user, sorry if my English is bad...

Comment

yes !!!

your bmw doesn't works, buy a mercedes !!!

language issue I think !!

try to change language settings and try again
      regards !
      jajaX

ACER Aspire 8930G 904G50Bn under Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver (64 bits)

Comment

Alt-F2 "kdesudo kpackagekit"

But I agree muon is better.

Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install muon
        then Alt-F2 "kdesudo muon"

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Alt-F2 "kdesudo kpackagekit"

But I agree muon is better.

Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install muon
          then Alt-F2 "kdesudo muon"

After reading this topic, I soon discovered I had the same problem with the descriptions not being shown in kpackagekit. Using the command "kdesudo kpackagekit" resolved the graphical glitch for me, thanks. it makes me wonder why that particular app has problems running as a normal user though. I prefer Muon over kpackagekit too, but I prefer the terminal for most of my package installs. I'll go change my start menu entry for kpackagekit from "kpackagekit -caption "%c" %i %F" to "kdesudo kpackagekit", because knowing me I'll forget. Thanks for the tip.

PS. I was in the middle up upgrading KDE from 4.5.1 to 4.5.5 when I read this topic, and I noticed the problem in both versions of KDE. Nvidia "current" (260.19.06) & Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Last weekend I installed Natty Narwhale (11.04) as a guest OS. To my surprise I discovered that KPackageKit in Natty is very descent. It has been overhauled and is more intuitive and a LOT easier to use. So far, it hasn't crashed.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X