This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epson nx515

Newbie here...how do I edit the dll.conf file? Having the same issue.

epson nx515

Originally posted by harlanwolfe
    Newbie here...how do I edit the dll.conf file? Having the same issue.
    alt-f2 -- type 'kdesudo kate' (no quotes) -- enter password -- Kate will open with sudo privileges, so you can browse to the file and edit as needed

Comment

epson nx515

Thank you, It opened Kate...where can I find the file?
      Also, the terminal has some error messages, any problems you can see?
      harlan@user-KJ384AA-ABA-SR5410F:~$ kdesudo kate
      QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
      QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/harlan/.config/ibus/bus
      Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
      IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
      Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
      QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method KUniqueApplication::loadCommandLineOptionsForNewIn stance()
      kbuildsycoca4 running...
      kbuildsycoca4(3729) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/wine.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
      QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
      QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root/.config/ibus/bus
      Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
      IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

Comment

epson nx515

Also, alt F2 had no effect, I just opened the Konsole...same difference?

Comment

epson nx515

alt-f2 should open krunner, the run-command box, but a terminal is fine You can ignore the messages, they don't mean anything useful. (which is why I used the alt-f2 instead of konsole )

Then, look at comment #4 from the first link in my past for the location of the file

to 'comment out' a line, you just add a hash ("#") to the beginning of a line
          to 'uncomment' you simply remove that hash.

so basically you are just moving the hash from the epson line to the epson2 line in that file

Comment

epson nx515

I appreciate your help, claydoh!
            I see the line "/etc/sane.d/dll.conf", but still don't know where to find this. I also have xsane.

Comment

epson nx515

Found it will let you know.

Comment

epson nx515

xsane is just a graphical front-end to sane, as are most linux scanning tools. this should enable the scanner for any of them

Comment

epson nx515

I edited the file, now hash is in front of epson2, and saved. I'm trying scanlite, simple scan and xsane and none can locate the scanner still...suggestions?
                  I really enjoy this OS, but I need my scanner!

Comment

epson nx515

actually, we should verify that you have the same scanner as the OP. Things depend on make and model, and even one brand may use many different chipsets

what make/model is your scanner? if it isn't Epson Perfection 1650. you should start a new topic for it as the the instructions may be totally different.

Comment

epson nx515

It's an Epson NX 515 all in one. When I was trying Ubuntu, it was recommended I do the same thing, but it didn't work there either.
                      I wonder if I didn't save the edited file correctly, as now I get this error message (snapshot)
                      http://www.box.net/shared/static/r6zzc6n0fu.png
                      Where should the dll.conf file reside?

Comment

epson nx515

Also have visited the Avasys site, where they suggest I install this, but don't quite understand the instructions for installing, Epson-Stylus_NX515-pipslite-en.ppd, Are you familiar with ppd?

Comment

epson nx515

I'm also told I should download this file, but can't find it.
                          pipslite_1.4.0-3_i386.deb
                          Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

epson nx515

no, the file dll.conf should be left in /etc/sane.d/ , somehow you saved it to your home directory, I don't know why it is even looking for a file in that location. But it cant read the file because you saved it in your home dir, but as you saved it while using sudo, it does not have the correct permissions or ownerships. first lets delete that file in konsole:

Code:
                            sudo rm -rf /home/harlan/etc/

Comment

Re: epson nx515

harlan@user-KJ384AA-ABA-SR5410F:~$ sudo rm -rf /home/harlan/etc/
                              [sudo] password for harlan:
                              harlan@user-KJ384AA-ABA-SR5410F:~$

Did it delete?

Comment

Working...
                              X