X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rekonq doesn't work after update and nothing in panel

Hi
    Two comments.
    a) The only real "comment" I have about Kubuntu is that one does not see in the panel what is "running". I'm sure that this is just a setting of some kind, or a widget, but I have not been able to figure how to enable it.
    b) After the update (today) Rekonq has stopped working. FF works.

woodsmoke

Re: rekonq doesn't work after update and nothing in panel

The Task Manager is the widget on the Panel that shows you running apps.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you!
      I somehow borked the panel a week ago and rebuilt it from widgets. However, I didn't even know, or forgot, that there is a task manager widget, turned out that there were about 20 clicks for Rekonq built up and when I clicked task manager widget they all built up in there but they were squeezed up on the right side outboard of the clock. When I finally noticed them I closed them all and Rekonq now works.

But also I found that there is panel options/add panel/defualt panel and it gave it back to me.

However, I would ask another 2 questions if I might.

The reason that I borked the panel originally was that I was adding widgets to play with them and they kept goint to the right of the clock for some reason.

a) I can't seem to figure out the keystroke/mouse combo to move a widget around.
      b) I also can't seem to be able to resize a panel except for the "up down" arrow.

If there are a couple of simple keystroke things or whatever, I could re-title this thread to reflect something like adding/resizing or something for panel and widgets.

thanks for the help above.

woodsmoke

Comment

To edit the Panel itself, and move the widgets on it, left+click on the Cashew at the end of the Panel. This brings up the Panel editing panel. To move icons on the Panel, mouse over one until you see the four-pointed arrow. Now click+hold and then move the icon to where you want it. Then let go of the mouse button and move the mouse up and off of the icon. It is now positioned where you put it. Play around and you'll see how it works.

The Panel options itself are also accessed from the editing panel - the one above the actual Panel.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X