Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return fonts back to original (like fresh install)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return fonts back to original (like fresh install)

I noticed this in kubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. If I change the fonts to something other than "ubuntu" like say to default, then when I reboot, and switch them back to the way they were with the ubuntu font, the font's look a little different. I noticed that the anti aliasing looks different. I first noticed this when my clock set to ubuntu font looked like there was only medium anti aliasing or that it wasn't bold or anything. And I can never get it to return like it was when I first installed. I have tried enabling anti aliasing, and adjusted for full hinting with RGB sub pixle rendering. I have tried all kinds of things but, it just doesnt look the same. I also tried this in virtual box, and the same thing happens. I took a screen shot of how it looks before and after. The image to the left is after I changed fonts, the image to the right is a fresh install. Can someone please help me return my fonts to the original.
    Attached Files
    Acer Aspire One AOA150 Model, Sapphire Blue<br />System BIOS 3310<br />Intel Atom CPU 1.6 GHz<br />DDR2 RAM 1.5 GHz<br />Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS

Re: Return fonts back to original (like fresh install)

Have you checked K > System Settings > Application Appearance > Fonts and checked the Font Settings, as well as clicking on Adjust All Fonts...?

I have not adjusted the font settings there since installing. Under Font Settings they're all Ubuntu 9 except for Fixed width which is Monospace 9.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

yeah, i just tested in virtual box too. same thing happens on my netbook as well. all the font settings are correct. that is one thing that I checked. the ubuntu font changed its charactoristics just slightly if say, you change to "default" it will change back to sans sarif. click apply, reboot, and then change it all back to "ubuntu" with all the same sizes, apply reboot, and then they look different from what they were upon fresh install. it doesn't make since to me, but there has to be some way that they can be changed back to the original (like fresh install) you did take a look at the screen shot right?
      Acer Aspire One AOA150 Model, Sapphire Blue<br />System BIOS 3310<br />Intel Atom CPU 1.6 GHz<br />DDR2 RAM 1.5 GHz<br />Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS

Comment

Originally posted by NeverwherE
        ...you did take a look at the screen shot right?
        Yes. I can see the slight difference you are referring to.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

you probably dont want to, but try it for your self, and you should see the difference. right now I have the antialiasing set to full, and rgb sub pixel rendering. I have no idea how to fix this nor do I see any one else complaining about it on these forums or in google. Wondering if anyone here knows, or has had the same problem, and fixed it.

Comment

Working...
          X