This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 times password required when logging in

I installed Kubuntu 10.10 amd64 to see how it compares to Mandriva 2010.1 Powerpack x86_64.

When I login to Kubuntu, I have to give my password and that is fine.
    But when KDE is up and running I get 3 KDE sudo windows where I have to give my password and one extra time for Wallet.

I aksed Kubuntu to mount one drive at startup. Does this require a sudo password?
    At startup my wireless network connection is made. Does this require a sudo password?
    Why does Wallet require a password at startup?

How can I avoid these passwords?
    In Mandriva no passwords are requested after logging in...

Re: 5 times password required when logging in

Originally posted by Bert Aerts
    I aksed Kubuntu to mount one drive at startup. Does this require a sudo password?
    yes, and the mount entry should be in your /etc/fstab NOT mounted by dolphin on login.
    At startup my wireless network connection is made. Does this require a sudo password?
    no it requires the key to your network, and it prolly not stored in your wallet
    Why does Wallet require a password at startup?
    because the wallet password is NOT the same as you login password (even if u set them the same) use the wallet manager (in system settings) and set you wallet passwork to be blank if you don't want to see this other wise when the wallet is needed it will prompt your for a password
    In Mandriva no passwords are requested after logging in...
    dont they use kde ? if so they may set you wallet password to be blank by default.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
    X