This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED (pls see note)Evolution web-links & Google Chrome

I have marked this as solved although it isn't solved. I've done a fresh in stall of Kubuntu 10.10 (all problems resolved as a result) due to the fact that I was using an external hard drive, but have now replaced the internal hard drive.
    PLEASE NOTE: a fresh install is not the recommended way of resolving issues. :P

I've searched for quite a while and haven't found a solution yet.
    Now I know myself, so 9 out of 10 times I'm just not understanding what I reading in plain English. Bear with me people, I've just converted my Windows-forever husband to Linux (bonus points to me and SuperTux).

Anyway back to the problem. I uninstalled Firefox because Google Chrome is more my taste and will be his too. But now all the weblinks in Evolution give me an error (Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/firefox-4.0" (No such file or directory)
    How do I change it so that the links use Google Chrome? In settings the default is Chrome

Thanks a million

Re: Evolution web-links & Google Chrome

Look at K Menu > System Settings > File Associations and click on the > next to Text. On the General tab see if Firefox Web Browser is still listed as the first entry. If it is, and you did uninstall it, and if Chrome is listed here, click on Chrome and move it to the top position and move Firefox Web Browser to the bottom (or remove it if you want).
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Evolution web-links & Google Chrome

Hi Snowhog
      I had a look, but Chrome is at the top and Firefox isn't on the list. But it's cool.
      I'm going to mark this solved as I need to do a fresh install because I've just received my internal hard drive!!! so no more running on an external hdd.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
      X