This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Input/Output device fast switch

So, I have a USB headset for gaming and whatnot. I also have stereo speakers attached to the same system. Is there a plasma widget or some way to quickly and easily switch your primary output/input audio device? I'm looking for a switch or something that only takes a few clicks or keystrokes. It also has to be easy enough that my wife will use it and not demand a new computer because she's too impatient to learn about system settings...

Re: Sound Input/Output device fast switch

Well, I discovered that you can right click on the audio device notifier for kmix in the system tray and "select master channel" to the desired audio device. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem too work correctly. Instead, I still have to open up the multimedia settings window, and, in the phonon tab, set the device preferences. This is a huge pain, and seems like it should be easily avoided. What can I do to fix this, or what other workarounds are available. Ideally, I'd like to have a widget on the desktop that I can use to select which audio devices I want to use for input/output.

Comment

Working...
    X