This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microphone level on PulseAudio

Only one channel on Meerkat netbook KMix with PulseAudio, for Stereo out ... one big problem in Lynx was microphone level in Skype, because default start was zero level and sometimes mute as well ... different defaults with different hardware ... running KMix Mixer settings allowed the microphone channel controls to be activated and levels to be adjusted ... not available with PulseAudio ... so how do I get control access ... needed for older Advent and younger Asus eeePc installs fairly quickly ... communications with offspring in AU are at risk!

"You, sir are no gentleman!"
    "I knew there was something about me that I liked."
    Commander Vimes, Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Linux User (# 368182) since 1996
    Unix initiated on SCO Xenix from 1992 <Pobody's nerfect>

Re: Microphone level on PulseAudio

Install padevchooser
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Microphone level on PulseAudio

Installed and used pavucontrol, per http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3114060.0, no microphone channel control ... followed by padevchooser as you indicate, which does not see either internal or external mics. Situation repeated in checks on multiple machines, portable and desktop, with live USB ... not impressed ... Lynx to Meerkat seems less upgrade, more retrograde.

Too many unnecessary hoops to jump through to get back functionality that worked in only the previous LTS release ... we should not be shooting ourselves in the foot like this ... this problem and other incredibly minor but wholly unnecessary glitches ... several reported in this forum ... get seriously in the way of usability.

Have reverted back to Lynx ... first time in over twelve years of Linux use that I have been so disappointed in a release ... this one was more reminiscent of rival commercial conduct than open source.
      "You, sir are no gentleman!"
      "I knew there was something about me that I liked."
      Commander Vimes, Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Linux User (# 368182) since 1996
      Unix initiated on SCO Xenix from 1992 <Pobody's nerfect>

Comment

Working...
      X