This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the upgrade worth it?

I'm currently running Kubuntu 10.04 on my system and it works just fine. While I have installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop, I have not upgraded to Kubuntu 10.10. My question: is there any reason I should switch to 10.10? Is there some feature on 10.10 that would make an upgrade mandatory or at least advisable? If not, I'll stick with 10.04 and avoid all the problems involved in installing a new operating system.

Re: is the upgrade worth it?

I've upgraded to 10.10. Did not notice to much different. Everything worked as it did in 10.04. I did try the flat-install and audio stopped on my usb audio device. Did not like that. Also when I went to KDE 4.5.2, compositing stopped. Waiting for that to get to the main-line.

Comment

Re: is the upgrade worth it?

If you are happy/satisfied with 10.04, and it does all that you want, then stick with it. It is an LTS, and as such, will receive support or three years.

There are only two reasons for upgrading (IMO): 1) features desired are available in the upgrade and not in the release you are running, 2) you like living on the edge.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X