This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to login in after install reboot

After installer/upgrader finishes housecleaning then reboots I now get a login screen. I tried using the same user and passw. as set on 10.04 but no go

Re: Unable to login in after install reboot

"no go" means what? your password / username is rejected or it appears to be accepted but returns you to log in screen or what

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
      "no go" means what? your password / username is rejected or it appears to be accepted but returns you to log in screen or what
      Not sure...I don't get any invalid username or passw. msg. sooo I guess you could say it returns to the login screen

Comment

Originally posted by frosty73
        sooo I guess you could say it returns to the login screen
        You need to tell us 'exactly' what is happening. There is no 'guessing' here. Tell us what you actually observe.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Assuming your guess is correct, it can be a full /home,/tmp and/or /root partition, a file on your /home that is owned by root instead of you, or some other issue with KDM config or even others.

Boot a livecd, mount your hard drive partition(s) and check is see if they're full. If no, navigate to your /home (on the hard drive) and rename your user directory to a different name and create a new empty directory using your name and try again.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X